The BodFest Committee have published the following notification regarding the postponing of ‘DuckFest’ due to current weather conditions –
Today we have inspected the ‘race track’ and it is with regret that we have had to make the difficult decision to postpone DuckFest.
Although the weather is set to improve towards the weekend the damage is already done and we have to put everybody’s safety and their enjoyment of the event first.
The Brook is running fast and water levels are high, using previous experience given the volume of rainfall this week this will further affect the Brook as the week goes on.
We are looking at new dates for the event and if you have already purchased a duck this will be valid for the re-staging.
The new date is likely to be late August early September as the committees focus for the next month will be on delivering BodFest’19 and then we are into peak holiday season.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your understanding and your continued support. We will of course keep you informed of the new date as soon as it has been finalised.
The BodFest Organising Committee