A burglary has occurred on Wards Crescent on Thursday 20th December, between midnight and 5:40pm.
Offenders gained entry through a rear door.
If you saw or heard anything, please call 101 quoting reference number ‘43180388200’.
For advice on keeping your home and valuables safe, please go to the Thames Valley Police website – https://www.thamesvalley.police.uk/burglary
For further information on registering property, please go to the Immobilise website – https://www.immobilise.com/
Burglary Alert – Wards Crescent
|Report of a Burglary on wards Crescent between 0000hrs and 1740hrs on 20/12, where offenders have gained access to the property through the rear door. If anyone saw or heard anything then please ring 101 and quote the crime reference number, 43180388200.|
Christmas and New Year is traditionally a time when burglary increases in the Thames Valley and across the country.
By taking a proactive approach to home security, you can reduce the risk of becoming a victim, while helping to protect others, to build local resilience against burglary.
Celebrating at home
- Don’t leave presents on view under the Christmas tree.
- Cut up packaging for any expensive items so that it will fit inside your refuse bin, never leave boxes next to the bin where they can be seen.
- Refrain from posting photos of high value presents, such as jewellery or electronics, on social media.
- Remember to mark your new presents using a UV pen and register them on the national property register at www.immobilise.com.
- Make your home appear occupied.
- Ask a trusted person to look after your home by pulling the curtains at night and putting your bin out on collection day. Remind them to put the bin away again once it has been collected.
- Invite a neighbour to park on your drive while you are away.
- Light up your living room using timer switch. A TV simulator can also be used to make give the appearance of a TV screen being used.
- Double check that you have locked your windows and doors before leaving.
- Never advertise on social media that you are away from home, as thieves can gather intelligence and some home insurance policies may become invalidated.
“You can find more burglary crime prevention advice on the Thames Valley Police website at www.thamesvalley.police.uk/burglary.”
Message Sent By
Stephen Birchall (Police, PCSO, Banbury)