There has been a recent increase in thefts from motor vehicles in the Banbury area.
As always stay vigilant and please report any suspicious activity to 101.
For further information on keeping your car, motorbike or bicycle secure please go to the Thames Valley Police website – https://www.thamesvalley.police.uk/advice/protecting-your-home-and-belongings/vehicle-crime/
There has been a recent increase in thefts from motor vehicles in our area.
To help to try and prevent thefts and to ensure that your car is not an appealing target for a thief, please be extra vigilant and consider your vehicle security.
– Ensure your car is always left locked and secure.
– Do not leave possessions in your vehicle, whether valuable or not. A thief wouldn’t know the bag left on the back seat only contains a gym kit for example.
– Remove sat navs from your car, including the cradle and clean the suction mark from the window. A thief will expect to find it hidden in the glove compartment or under the seat!
– Do not leave valuables in your boot.
– Tradesmen do not leave tools in work vehicles.
– Anti-tamper proof screws for number plates are available from Vehicle Accessory shops.
Please report any suspicious activity via the Thames Valley Police non-emergency number on 101. If you see a crime being committed please call 999.
Did you know you can also report non-emergency crimes and incidents online:https://reportonline.thamesvalley.police.uk/
Message Sent By